Friday, November 6, 2009

Moon Festival

    Have you ever eaten moon cake? I eat moon cake on Moon Festival every year. The Moon Festival is a special holiday in Taiwan. The Moon is a symbol that we should go home to see our family. In this holiday, we have three special things to do: eat moon cakes, eat a big dinner, and enjoy the full moon.

    First, we eat moon cakes at this holiday. The moon cake looks like a small doughnut. It has many flavors to choose. If you like eat salty food, you can choose meat moon cake. If you like eat sweet food, you can choose red bean moon cake, green bean moon cake, and chocolate moon cake. It is a traditional Chinese dessert.

    Second, we cook a big dinner and sit at a big circle table at night. Children usually help mother to prepare several dishes for family. The men drink traditional wine with neighbors and friends. At the dinner time, we make a circle and eat this big dinner with our family. Why we make a circle? The circle is a symbol that likes a full moon.

    Finally, we will go to the park and sit on the bench to enjoy the full moon. The full moon has a special means in Taiwan. It is a symbol of family. Every time I see the moon, I think of my family. For example, I worked in Taipei city and my family live in Tainan city. On Moon Festival, I had a holiday and went home to meet my family. We usually talk and share our mind with our family. It is also a good time to be concerned our family and friends.

    In brief, we eat moon cakes, have a big dinner, and enjoy the full moon in this important traditional Moon festival. I like Moon festival because I like to have a big dinner and enjoy the full moon with my family.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ken
    I love moon festival too! I really enjoy the moon cake and, most important of all, BBQ! Every year my family has a huge BBQ party on the moon festival. I enjoy reading your article. The structure is clear for readers to understand. It is also very good to use something which readers are familiar with to describe something new. For example, you mention that “The moon cake looks like a small doughnut.” Good job! I really enjoy it.
    EJ

    ReplyDelete